Uribel capsules are indicated for:
- The treatment of symptoms of irritative voiding.
- The relief of local symptoms, such as inflammation, hypermotility, and pain, which accompany lower urinary tract infections.
- The relief of urinary tract symptoms caused by diagnostic procedures.
Uribel relieves urinary tract symptoms with 5 integrated analgesic, antispasmodic, and antiseptic ingredients:
- HYOSCYAMINE SULFATE is a parasympatholytic which relaxes smooth muscles and thus produces an antispasmodic effect.
- METHENAMINE degrades in an acidic urine environment releasing formaldehyde, which provides bactericidal or bacteriostatic action. Methenamine is freely distributed to body tissue and fluids but is not clinically significant as it does not hydrolyze at a pH greater than 6.8.
- METHYLENE BLUE possesses weak antiseptic properties.
- PHENYL SALICYLATE releases salicylate, a mild analgesic for pain.
- SODIUM PHOSPHATE MONOBASIC, an acidifier, helps to maintain an acid pH in the urine necessary for the degradation of methenamine.
For more information about Uribel’s clinical pharmacology, please see the full Prescribing Information.