Uribel treats more than just pain
Uribel is a prescription medicine used to relieve the discomfort, pain, frequent urge to urinate, and cramps/spasms of the urinary tract caused by a urinary tract infection or a diagnostic procedure.
Some urinary medicines contain only 1 ingredient—an analgesic for pain relief. Uribel contains 5 ingredients that work together to treat your symptoms:
- A pain reliever to treat pain and burning sensations when you urinate
- An antispasmodic to help relax the smooth muscle tissue of your urinary tract
- A combination of antiseptic ingredients†
What to expect when taking Uribel
- Adult Dosing: Take one Uribel capsule 4 times a day; however, please follow your doctor’s instructions
- Older Children Dosing: Follow your doctor’s individualized dosing (Not recommended for use in children 6 and under)
- Take each Uribel dose with ample amounts of fluid
- Uribel may be used in conjunction with antibiotic therapies or other medicines1,2; however, ask your doctor to be sure there are no potential drug interactions
- You should not take more than the recommended dose of Uribel capsules
- Uribel typically causes your urine to turn blue or bluish-green and may also affect the color of your stool. This is a harmless effect
*IQVIA prescription data, accessed March 2018.
†Uribel does not replace antibiotic therapy prescribed by your doctor.
Each dose is one capsule that should be taken with plenty of fluid.
- McPhee JS, Papadakis MA, eds. Current Medical Diagnosis and Treatment. New York, NY: McGraw-Hill Medical; 2009: 828-838.
- Panzera AK. Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome. Urol Nurs. 2007 Feb:27(1):13-19.